We headed to the mountains with our winter gin cocktail, threw down our picnic blanket, opened up our glass carrier and settled in to watch the sunset over the city and the clouds roll in across Table Mountain.
Not feeling like braving the cold outside... never fear this is the perfect drink to be enjoyed anywhere, whether that is from the comfort of your picnic blanket on the mountains or your couch at home in front of a roaring log fire!
So with no further delay here is our recipe!
Spiced G&T Recipe:
2 shots gin
2 shots tonic water
½ shot spiced syrup
1. Combine gin, tonic water, spiced syrup, orange juice and a cup of ice into a mixing glass
2. Stir gently to mix all the ingredients together
3. Strain into a brass tumbler over fresh ice
4. Garnish with whole cloves, rosemary, lemon/orange slices
Spiced syrup ingredients –
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
4 cardamom cloves
3 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
1. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan
2. Simmer mixture until the sugar is dissolved
3. Cool mixture and strain
Shop our winter retreat story – brass tumbler R175, insect picnic blanket R1, 350, triangle picnic blanket R1, 350, leather glass carrier R2, 020, insect glasses x2 R120.